The Master of Divinity (M.Div.) degree at International Leadership University (ILU) is an intentionally integrated program for the purpose of training the kinds of leaders who are capable of initiating bibliocentric and holistic transformation in the Church and society. Courses such as spiritual formation, practical ministry and relational skills development are integrated with the biblical and theological foundations required for effective ministry and leadership in the Church. The program places particular emphasis on developing a vision and passion for the Great Commission and movement-building through the development of the skills of evangelism, discipleship and equipping others as leaders.
The goal of the Master of Divinity program is to equip leadership for the church and for transformational, Christian leadership in society. In addition to providing a sound foundation in Bible, theology and ministry skills, the M.Div. program of ILU Kenya seeks to develop Christian leadership that is characterized by integrity, vision, commitment to the Great Commission, and able to initiate biblically informed movements of transformation in church and society in Africa.
The Master of Divinity curriculum consists of 67 credit hours of foundation courses and 10 credit hours of research and thesis courses that are taken by all M.Div. students along with 15 credit hours of free electives. The student may choose to focus their free electives in a specified track area. The total credits for the Master of Divinity degree is 92 credit hours.
• Core Foundation Courses 67 credits
• Research/Thesis Courses 10 credits
• Free Electives/Tracks 15 credits
Total Program Credits 92 credits
Admission Requirements for the Program
The Master of Divinity program requires:
1. An earned first degree from an accredited university or college with a minimum GPA of 2.5 on a 4 point scale or an upper second class division. Applicants who are admitted with less than a 2.5 GPA will be placed on Academic Probation for the first two trimesters of study. A student must demonstrate the ability to do Post-graduate studies by maintaining a minimum GPA of 3.0 during the first year of the masters program in order to continue in the Master of Divinity program.
2. Demonstrate proficiency in the English Language, or by scoring a ‘B’ in an English Proficiency Test or its equivalent. The student who scores less than a ‘B’ may be admitted but he/she will be required to undertake a Remedial English Course during his/her 1st semester. The student must complete the course with a passing grade or will need to retake the course until he/she receives a passing grade in order to graduate.
Other admission requirements for admission to the MDIV program:
• Evidence of a personal faith in Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord by means of a written testimony.
• Evidence of active ministry involvement and leadership in church or para-church ministry along with a strong Christian character through references from the pastor and others who know the student well (or)
• For those in the marketplace, a statement describing their rationale for choosing the MABTS program.
• Agreement with the University’s Statement of Faith by signing the Statement of Faith form.